Making 3d Subs

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by VideoBeagle, Mar 10, 2014.

1. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

Well, every PC forum has it, so here's our thread on it...

anyone know how to convert a 2d Sub track into a 3d one? Either SBS or OU (though OU is my current need).

I've found various "programs" and "processes" googling around and on Windows forums, but I've yet to get one working without some failure or error, running in Parallels (my stock Parallels image is Win XP).

Anyone have a sure fire, no fail method?

2. priitv8 macrumors 68020

I've used 3DSubtitler with success, but as you must understand, it will create a bitmapped 3D sub out of SRT, so my only option was to hard-burn it to MP4 file.
    If you were to master a BD disk, you should be able to create several tracks with such SBS/OU subs and make them switchable. Only on a BluRay player, obviously.

3. VideoBeagle, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014

VideoBeagle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm..that's what I was trying and it just kept throwing up errors at me...lots of read errors on srt that I could find no problems with..any srt i tried.

were you on an actual windows box, or parallels or something? What OS?

(looking at supposed "3d" subs from various sub sites, I'm not even sure how these things work...they seem to just be regular linear srt files, and that's how they look in vlc., rather than showing up on both halves of the screen).

4. priitv8 macrumors 68020

Ran it both on native Win7 and in Parallels.
    Haven't tried lately with recent version of JRE.
    The program generates a parallaxed PNG file for every single subtitle from SRT. Like this:
    [​IMG]