Making 5.1 sound into 2 channel

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kyle4, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Kyle4 macrumors 6502

I have a Blu-ray file (one I own and wanted on hdd for easy transport) on my computer. I want it to play on my Xbox 360 and it won't because it has 5.1 surround sound. Inside the file is the 2.0 audio track separate with instructions on how to merge/change it using a program called Yamb. The only problem is that it's Windows only. Do any of you know a program (preferably free) that can do this for Mac?

I have Toast Titanium 10 and toyed with it for awhile but couldn't figure it out.

Thanks.

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

You could always pass it through Handbrake, but that'll recompress the video.

3. Kyle4 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestion, but at a huge file size and possible decompression it might be easier to take a different route. I have the 2.0 audio file separate, you can actually listen to the entire movie without the visuals. What I need to do is "merge" this into the original file so that it replaces the encoded 5.1 track. Apparently that program YAMB does it for Windows but I've yet to find a version for Mac (or any good results via Google.)

Thanks again for your help.