Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2006
San Diego
Which app. would you recommend for making a three-page fold-out brochure. I'm not looking for anything fancy. I would simply like drag-and-drop functionality for text and pictures such as what is offered in iWeb.

Thanks!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Well, I think you have to buy it but you can order it online at the Apple Store. By the way, a new version looks likely for October or so, although it'll require the Leopard operating system too, apparently. Don't hold me to any of this. :p

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2006
San Diego
Thanks, mad jew. We have a couple of Apple Stores here locally so I think I'll head on down and pick up a copy tomorrow. I want to get this brochure done this weekend.

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2006
San Diego
Sometimes I am such an idiot.....

I have a relatively new iMac and I have a trial version of iWork on it. All I need to do is ante up and I can buy a key.

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2006
San Diego
I'm working in iWork Pages and I have a question......

I am making a 3-page, fold-out brochure. As you can see from the attached pic, there are 3 clearly defined work areas. The *problem* is that I want the chart (I have created in the center section) to extend into the 3rd section as well. However, when I grab the expansion bar it only allows me to expand it to the limits of the center work area.

In short, I want the 1st work section (far left) to contain text and small pictures. I want the 2nd and 3rd (center and far right) sections to become essentially a single section.

I hope this makes sense?

picture1zl3.jpg

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
With that graph selected, go to your Inspector and click on the wrap pane (the one with the object with lines running around it). About halfway down, there's an option for "Fixed on page" vs. "Move with text". Click the first, and then you should be able to size and position it however you like.

jW

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2006
San Diego
Ha! That's it! By choosing "Fixed on Page" I can now extend that table to cover both pages!

Thank you sooooooooooo much!

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2006
San Diego
Since you seem to know some stuff about Pages, maybe I can hit you up for another question. :D

How can I add a border around a picture? Nothing fancy, maybe a simple black border with the ability to increase or decrease the width of the border?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I don't have it up in front of me, but there's a pane in that same panel that covers borders and colors, IIRC. If you can't find it by the time I get back to my computer, I'll post again with the exact location.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.