Making A CD After Lion Installation

DJJAZZYJET

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
Hey guys, im having a little trouble with making a osx lion installation boot cd. I downloaded lion and i couldn't find my 4.7gb disks, so i set lion installing and after the installation was complete i found 4.7gb disks. I cant find the lion app, ive had a quick search on the internet but cant find anything. Do i have to back up and do a clean install of snow leapord, then download lion and burn the disk the method macrumours have said, or can i find it somwhere :S :apple:

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Hey guys, im having a little trouble with making a osx lion installation boot cd. I downloaded lion and i couldn't find my 4.7gb disks, so i set lion installing and after the installation was complete i found 4.7gb disks. I cant find the lion app, ive had a quick search on the internet but cant find anything. Do i have to back up and do a clean install of snow leapord, then download lion and burn the disk the method macrumours have said, or can i find it somwhere :S :apple:
The installer deletes itself after it is installed, since you don't have it or did not copy it before installation you are out of luck. You will have to use your recovery partition if something goes wrong or install to another mac using the App store, and copy it this time to make the DVD.

DJJAZZYJET

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
The installer deletes itself after it is installed, since you don't have it or did not copy it before installation you are out of luck. You will have to use your recovery partition if something goes wrong or install to another mac using the App store, and copy it this time to make the DVD.
Ah ok, im gonna make a backup on a portable hard drive im hoping to get, so ill just do a clean install of sl, download lion and remember to burn it to a disk, then make a clean install of lion. Thanks for the help