Making a CD w/ iPhoto pictures and events

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by klb028, May 2, 2008.

1. klb028 macrumors 6502

Is there any easy way to do this? I want to transfer all of the events I have in iPhoto right now onto a CD. Is it just a simple process of dragging and dropping?

2. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    Choose the events you want to burn, click Share, then Burn to CD. It will tell you if it needs more than one after you click Burn near the lower right hand corner.

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Ingenious is correct, but be aware that the result will only be usable in iPhoto. Are you looking to backup your library, or do you want to share with other people?

If you want to share, there are other ways. Export your events to iDVD and it will create a file that is playable on a standard DVD player -- it has an option to put the actual photo files on the disc as well, so that the recipient can access the photos. Or you can drag the events into disk utility and burn from there, or??? Lots of options. Tell us exactly how you want to use the CD's and we will give more help.

4. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

Whoops! Sorry this is so late... I hope someone can still help me. I basically just want to back up my library. I want to put my events onto a CD so I can remove them from my computer in order to save space.

Also, I don't want this to only have iPhoto has the viewing option. I want to be able to put the pictures onto another computer (old desktop with Windows at home) if I wanted to... stuff like that.

5. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

You can do that they way I mentioned above. Just be sure to select all of the events.

However, I wouldn't trust all of your pictures to CDs. The dye goes bad too quickly. You're better off purchasing an external hard drive and running your library from it.

7. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried your method, but the pictures are only viewable on iPhoto. I tried looking at the CD on my dad's laptop with Vista and didn't have any luck. Any other ideas?

8. jplan2008 macrumors regular

Need to export then quit iPhoto and use finder

See instructions from iPhoto help:

Attached Files:

9. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Are you sure? I've used iPhoto-burned CDs on Windows XP many times. You need to browse through the folders on the CD using Windows Explorer.

10. elkhartmike macrumors newbie

Photo CD for Windows

When I open i-photo an album automatically opens. If I select an album to export, that album automatically opens. When I try to export the whole album, only that first photo in the album (1 item) is ready for export. I am using i-photo 6.0.6 on a Mac 10.4.11 OS X. Thanks.

11. hpromm macrumors newbie

From iPhoto to DVD

I have had the same problem. I found on the Internet, what is called "Five
    steps" but going through the steps it did not work. Does anyone have an
    easy way to do this?
    Thanks for the help if you have one!