Making a Graph for Biology class in Excel 2008

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Anthony T, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I need to make a line graph (with 2 lines) showing the relationship between height and weight for males and females. I need to label it and everything, but it's really not too difficult. How can I do this in Excel 2008?

2. smt1192 macrumors regular

You need to make two tables Like this:

[​IMG]

And then select the areas you want to graph.

Hope this helps

3. sdc macrumors newbie

Once the data is formatted as shown above, highlight the columns/rows, then select INSERT -> CHART -> LINE.

4. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

But how do I make the tables? Just in the regular chart/slots thing that is shown as soon as you start the program?

5. sdc macrumors newbie

Yeah you can enter data anywhere in excel, doesn't matter if you start in "A1" or "B30"

6. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, one more question:

How do I label the graph and make a key that shows the difference between the 2 lines? For example, is it possible for there to be 2 different-looking lines on the graph so that one could be for males and the other for females?

Thanks for all of your help, by the way. And yes, I mean everyone who is helping me out here. :)

7. sdc macrumors newbie

Yes, just enter two sets of values in the sheet, highlight everything, then select a line chart when you create your chart. Check the example below:

A B C D
    Males 2 5 7
    Females 3 6 8

8. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

I understand what you're saying, but I have to have height AND weight for both genders. On the chart, the height was along the x-axis and the weight along the y-axis. You would then find where the heigh and weight meet and plot the point. Is that the same format you just posted above?