Making a move and confused about iPhone apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stownsend3, May 18, 2009.

1. stownsend3 macrumors member

I'm getting ready to move, and I'm selling my iMac soon to get some extra cash before I go. I'll be keeping and using my MBA as my only machine until I can get a new iMac. The question I have is that because I used my desktop as the machine to sync my iPhone and keep it backed up, etc., what is the easiest way to get the apps saved on that machine to the laptop. I don't want to end up paying for them twice. I don't keep them all on my phone, as some games and such just come and go. I also wanted to see about transferring the old backup files.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

All you have to do is make sure your Air is authorized with your iTunes account, and it won't be a problem. You may have to re-download the apps, but it won't charge you again. All you do is sign in, click buy, and it'll tell you already bought it and do you want to download again. Yes, and you're fine.

3. thelordnyax macrumors regular

just plug your iphone into your laptop, in iTunes right-click on your iphone and select "Transfer Purchases" it will copy all your apps to your computer

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

In addition to all the wonderf advice already given, don't forget to deauthorize your iMac before you sell it.