Making a no menu DVD from .mov file

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by louvest, Sep 10, 2009.

1. louvest macrumors newbie

About 6 months ago I used a .mov file for an exhibition. I made a DVD that played on a regular DVD player to TV. It started when the DVD was inserted and simply ran in a loop until the unit was turned off. The process was so simple that I never thought to take any notes. It seemed like it only took two or three steps. I didn't use any software other than Quicktime, iMovie, and/or iDVD.

I tried to do that again last night with a 1080 .mov file and couldn't repeat the result. I keep ending up with a DVD that plays once and goes to the iMovie/iDVD theme window. I can't figure out how to bypass the menu.

How do I use iMovie and/or iDVD to burn a DVD with the .mov file so it plays like before.... continuous loop, no menu?

Thanks in advance. I fooled with this for 4 hours last night and this morning.

2. xStep macrumors 68000

I think this is what you want and should apply to the current version of iDVD.

Search for the word `autoplay' in this link. Read the paragraph under the "Map" heading.

3. cinca macrumors regular

Well this a probably too late for the original post -- but anyone else reading this should know it IS very easy to do this.

Open up iDVD and select NEW PROJECT.

Then in the FILE menu there is an option for "1-step DVD from Movie". Select your movie and it will ask you to pop in a DVD that should playback looped with no menus. DVDs that playback in this way are also sometimes called 'kiosk DVDs'