Making a Phone Call from within the Messages app on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by madscribe99, Jul 1, 2009.

1. madscribe99 macrumors newbie

Is this possible? If not, this would definitely be one of the things on my wish list.

It would save the exercise of coming out of Messages, going back into Contacts or Phone and looking up the person to make the call.

2. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

If you are in a conversation with someone, at the top there a call button. Is that what you mean?

3. madscribe99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not quite...

Let's say someone sent me a text, and instead of texting back, I wanted to call.

As I see it now, I have to come out of Messages, and open Contacts or the Phone app to call. There isn't an option to call straight from the Messages app.

4. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Scroll to the top of the message and Push the button that says "Call".

5. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Indeed there is. There's a button labelled "Call" right at the top of the message thread. If you're not there, hit the status bar at the top of the screen to get instantly there instead of finger-scrolling.

6. madscribe99 thread starter macrumors newbie

It Sure is

I guess my conversations thread on for so long that I never noticed it. It would be nice if it stayed put at any part in the conversation.

7. slinky831 macrumors newbie

I agree

Yet another reason I miss my droid...
    Handcent SMS had a phone icon in the top left corner of the message window you could instantly call with 1 touch.

Attached Files:

8. Wes123 macrumors newbie

Sorry for reviving such an old thread (google brought me here). Just to mention: in a long thread, you can immediately jump to the top of the thread by clicking the top bar on your screen, where the call button is. (Same way to get to the "Search" when in the Contacts).

9. estockme macrumors regular

yes, but how do you get back down then? a double click top bar function would be nice. or cmd-alt-click top bar.