making a photo booth for a party

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by smoothisfast, Oct 3, 2007.

1. smoothisfast macrumors member

I want to setup a photo booth for a friends wedding. I'm looking for software that will work with my canon 30D connected to my MBP.

The idea is that the guess can press a button that triggers the camera. Using the canon software I can save the file to a folder on my MBP. I'm looking for software that will watch this folder and when a picture appears prints the picture on my epson printer, maybe even printing 4 images as thumbnails on a 4" x 6" photo paper.

2. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

3. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Here's one way to do it, I just tried it and it works. Uses a combination of Hazel and Automator (you may be able to do it with a folder action but I like Hazel).

Set a Hazel rule for the folder the pictures will appear in to trigger an automator workflow. The automator workflow just contains one action. Here are some screen grabs of the Hazel and Automator setups...

Hope this helps, it's pretty basic in how it prints, but maybe will get you closer to what you want

Attached Files:

4. JudgeDanny macrumors regular

5. smoothisfast thread starter macrumors member

That is real clever. Is there a way to print using correct paper profiles or maybe 4 thumbnails on a sheet of 4 x 6 using this method.

6. blarson macrumors newbie

Printing 4 photo's on 4x6

Hey that is a great idea! I want to build a photo booth for my graduation party in May. Did you ever figure out how to print 4 photo's on the 4x6 page, i have been able to figure everything out except this. Thanks!!!

7. Digitalflick macrumors regular

I just had the same idea, just trying to put together the process. Anyone have some ideas? :D:D