Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smoothisfast

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I want to setup a photo booth for a friends wedding. I'm looking for software that will work with my canon 30D connected to my MBP.

The idea is that the guess can press a button that triggers the camera. Using the canon software I can save the file to a folder on my MBP. I'm looking for software that will watch this folder and when a picture appears prints the picture on my epson printer, maybe even printing 4 images as thumbnails on a 4" x 6" photo paper.

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
I want to setup a photo booth for a friends wedding. I'm looking for software that will work with my canon 30D connected to my MBP.

The idea is that the guess can press a button that triggers the camera. Using the canon software I can save the file to a folder on my MBP. I'm looking for software that will watch this folder and when a picture appears prints the picture on my epson printer, maybe even printing 4 images as thumbnails on a 4" x 6" photo paper.

Here's one way to do it, I just tried it and it works. Uses a combination of Hazel and Automator (you may be able to do it with a folder action but I like Hazel).

Set a Hazel rule for the folder the pictures will appear in to trigger an automator workflow. The automator workflow just contains one action. Here are some screen grabs of the Hazel and Automator setups...

Hope this helps, it's pretty basic in how it prints, but maybe will get you closer to what you want

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 412
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 252

smoothisfast

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
That is real clever. Is there a way to print using correct paper profiles or maybe 4 thumbnails on a sheet of 4 x 6 using this method.

Here's one way to do it, I just tried it and it works. Uses a combination of Hazel and Automator (you may be able to do it with a folder action but I like Hazel).

Set a Hazel rule for the folder the pictures will appear in to trigger an automator workflow. The automator workflow just contains one action. Here are some screen grabs of the Hazel and Automator setups...

Hope this helps, it's pretty basic in how it prints, but maybe will get you closer to what you want

blarson

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2008
Printing 4 photo's on 4x6

Hey that is a great idea! I want to build a photo booth for my graduation party in May. Did you ever figure out how to print 4 photo's on the 4x6 page, i have been able to figure everything out except this. Thanks!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.