Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
I am trying to make a photobook on Aperture rather than iPhoto because it gives you more control over the placement and size of photos.

I need this because im using old scanned in photos which arnt all normal size, a lot are the old square type.

Can anyone tell me if there us a way, when changing the size of the photobox on the page, to make sure that the gap between other photos are the same size.

I understand the yellow guidance lines, but they only appear according to the edge of where other photos are placed.

So say I had 5 photos all square, 2 larger on top and 3 smaller ones underneath, how can I be sure that the gap between them all is the same?

Also, if I wanted a small border around the page is there a way to let this happen, again all the same size!

Thanks for any help (this is kinda urgent!)

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
ok, ive been playing around and have found the book actions option.

I can set a border on the photos being white (or whatever background colour I choose.

Then I can just make sure all the photos are touching then it will leave the desired space in between each photo.

This dosnt answer though, if I wanted the photos to be right to the edge of the page, but then not touching each other on the page. Also the minimum size border is .25 for each photo, so in between each photo will be .50 and the border on the page will be .25(unless anyone can tell me how to change this)

Again, thanks for any help!

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
a little update, ive worked out how to make the borders smaller. But still dosnt answer about getting the images right to the edge of the page.

Basicly I want the same gap between all images but also I want them to be printed right to the edge of the page (like in the simple iphoto books)

Can anyone tell me also if there is a way to line the images up according to the page and not the images that are already on the page?

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.