Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
How do I make a QTVR? Like the product examples at apple.com for the iPod and iPod Nano.

So far I have merged the pictures in Photoshop and that's it.

Can you use imageready to rotate? Or what program would I use?

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
iNeedtoSwitch said:
How do I make a QTVR? Like the product examples at apple.com for the iPod and iPod Nano.

So far I have merged the pictures in Photoshop and that's it.

Can you use imageready to rotate? Or what program would I use?
I use CubicConverter to create QTVR from my equirectangular pano's and CubicConnector to create the rotation sprite and hot spots, etc. Both run on OS X. I found this tutorial for creating panoramas with images stitched in Photoshop that you can refer to.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
hm....i just saw this thread and thought it'd be cool to do with this scene i made in lightwave...any way to go about this? would i need to render a bunch of images and stitch them together? any software i would need?

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
Some 3D applications like FormZ have a QTVR export built in the app. Just place your camera, make a few settings and it spits out a completed QTVR.

You can also do a fly around animation in any 3-D app and bring it into Director where you can create the controlls for a QTVR.
Unfortunately Director requires a bit of code knowledge to get the most out of it.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
skimaxpower said:
You can also use the Apple QTVR program. It works well, but it's ancient - it only runs in OS 9!!

I found this program (Apple QTVR Authoring Studio 1.0), last week in my local Apple reseller.. I asked and he said he'd give it to me for $5.

I smiled and payed the man.

Haven't used it much yet... if you'd like to post your images you took, I'd be interested to see them and see what this program can do!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.