Making a reservation - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by virginblue4, Sep 16, 2016.

1. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Hi everyone,

Rather than purchase my iPhone out right this year, I have decided to apply for a 0% purchase credit card. I have the money to purchase it out right, but seeing as I was accepted for 0% on purchases for 17 months along with 1000 Clubcard points for making a purchase, it seemed a no-brainer! I plan to pay it off over 11 months, sell the iPhone, and repeat the process again next year.

One problem, I was stupid and left applying for the credit card quite late meaning I missed pre-orders. My pin has now arrived and I am really hoping that the card should arrive in the post tomorrow morning.

I plan on checking out the reservations for my local Apple Store online at 6 AM. If the model that I want is available, then I plan to make a reservation for around lunchtime in which time that will be enough time to see if my card arrives. If it doesn't, then I will cancel my reservation.

My question is, do I have to input card details at the time of making the reservation? As in, am I actually making the purchase at the time of the reservation? Obviously I do not know the card number yet. Or do they charge at the the Apple Store?

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Yes, for that kind of pickup you need to pay at time of reservation. You could always have looked into buying it on another card, then when Tesco card arrives take it back and return it before buying again. Apple can do this, and if you explain why - to take advantage of a card offer - I'm sure they would oblige.

3. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Take it back and then re-purchase the exact same phone. Are you sure Apple would do this? I know they've got the 14 day return period, but don't really want to return it and then buy a new one.

That's a shame, I was hoping I reserve online and then pay in store that afternoon providing the card turns up. Oh well.

4. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I know they can do it. Whether your particular store would is something I would check. :)

5. RDowson macrumors 6502

RDowson

Does anyone have the link for the UK pre-orders at 6am tomorrow?

What are the odds in iPhone 7 Plus models being available given there were none for today.

6. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Ok, thanks. By the time I'd be able to check, I would have already been charged and if my card doesn't turn up then that'll be a lot of hassle! I think I'm just going to have to be extremely patient! Haha. Thanks for your help though :)

Can't answer your question, but here is the link.

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/iPhone/availability?channel=1