Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackT06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Hello,

I'm new to this so please bear with me..

What i would like to do is to make a little promotional video someting about like this . I won't really be using pictures... I may have the odd "Logo", and i would like it to last around 30secs or less.

The aim of the advert is to advertise my Hampshire DofE Youth Forum. Because, i'm a student i don't have any cash to throw around with this project.. Does anyone know how i could do it?

Much appreciated:D

If i haved missed any key info, let me know:)

JackT06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Nov 28, 2010
located
How easy is it to do in After Effects?

I have finished by adobe trial at home. HOWEVER, i can't rememebr having after effects so i shall go and loook for that later!

If not i can do it at school:)

It is not easy for a beginner, but doable, thus I linked you to some tutorial sites, which might be able to help you in the relevant sections.

Look at VideoCoPilot and AEtuts and see for yourself, if they have relevant information, as far as I remember, there should be plenty.

JackT06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
It is not easy for a beginner, but doable, thus I linked you to some tutorial sites, which might be able to help you in the relevant sections.

Look at VideoCoPilot and AEtuts and see for yourself, if they have relevant information, as far as I remember, there should be plenty.

Okayy, thankyouu:) I shall look into it:D

Does anyone know if there is something that can do it online...?

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Okayy, thankyouu:) I shall look into it:D

Does anyone know if there is something that can do it online...?

For the level of sophistication that you are looking for there is no sort of automatic button that will just make it work.

Ideas have to be thought through and put into practice. If you conceive a plausible idea with text etc. it will more than likely be possible to be made in after effects however, there will not be a specific tutorial showing you how to do what you want.

But there may be a combination of tutorials that will allow you to gain the knowledge to achieve what you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.