Making and receiving text messages on your Apple Watch series 3 to android numbers

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by henrymls, Oct 17, 2017.

1. henrymls macrumors member

henrymls

It seems my watch series 3 is not able to receive or place text messages to android numbers. My iPhone is on and connected, still no sending or receiving of Android text messages. Can this be corrected. My carrier is Verizon

2. bradbomb macrumors 6502

bradbomb

This sounds like an issue on the carrier side. Sounds like NumberShare is not set up correctly to forward the texts when you initially setup LTE on your watch. Probably need to call Verizon

3. HeathH macrumors regular

It should work as long as your phone is on (no matter where it is) and connected to the network.

4. henrymls thread starter macrumors member

henrymls

After contacting Verizon and doing some research on the internet I came up with a solution that I believe corrected the problem. I went to the Apple Watch app on the iPhone went to notifications then to the message icon and instead of mirroring my iPhone switched to custom and turned on all options under that. That seems to have fixed the problem. Getting notifications now on my watch from android numbers but will do a quick test away from my phone in a little bit.