Making any Progress on Siri? I have a bit...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZPaul2Fresh8, Nov 6, 2011.

1. ZPaul2Fresh8 macrumors newbie

I joined this forum JUST to get more info on Siri port. Now I know the legalities and what not, but all of the files are available on the web, we know this. So after nabbing what I could find and getting the so-called GUI to work (Not really the complete GUI) I then started to wonder where the rest of the unused files go. So I started exploring and since I don't have an iPhone 4s (Just the 4) I didn't have alot to compare so maybe I can get some more help online...hence my registration on this fine forum :)

Well my first goal was to bring Siri to the Preferences.app in the General section and success. I now have the option to turn Siri 'ON' or 'OFF', but my question at this point is hows come it doesn't save my selection? It goes back to off after exiting.

I was thinking that it ultimately goes back to the N90XXX.plist file in the Springboard.app, but why isn't it saving...

Sorry if this has ever been explained previously, I don't search forums much so I had to apologize in advance!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

basically as of right now Siri does not work on any device but the 4S for the general populous. the rest of the info we know can be found by searching this section and google.

this is a good read from a respected Dev that was/is working on it.

http://blog.chpwn.com/

3. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

4. labman, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Because the original push already have been made (Sold millions already and more to come with the international release), now let's squeeze some more cash out of SIRI, and put it up te store. Make perfect sense to me 4s already is the most successful launch, with just a minor upgrade, let's just keep the cash flow.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

I hope your right I still love my I4 and on the fence about upgrading. i most likely wait if I had Siri.