Making Apple's 30" look tiny...

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Oh, they're not quite dead yet then? Nifty, I hope they can round up that funding!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
wow, although Apple's edge is that they have one 30" panel, and not two screens to make it up........

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
With 5 widescreen UltraSpeed™ LCD Panels featuring resolutions of up to a mammoth 19200 x 2400 Pixels
Is it even in the slightest bit possible to power 19200 x 2400 pixels with a single powermac?

Applespider

macrumors G4
the new Athens Display Series are breathtakingly designed, maximizing both their enclosure size and the flexibility of positioning where physical space is at a premium.
You still need a fair amount of physical space to use that beast though. Does it come with free medical care for those who crick their necks trying to see both sides. Would definitely be an experience to view though!

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Abstract said:
Ahead of it's time, maybe. Look at the specs on their lappies, for goodness sakes. Are those laptops physically possible in a 1.3" thick frame?

A lot of their products sound too far-fetched to be true.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
isn't that entire site a fluke? i mean you can't buy anything there.. they're all dead links... :confused:

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
I could strap together a hundred 15" LCDs and say that it's bigger than apple's 30" display... there is no comparison.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
And I thought that my 2005FPW was big... :eek:

Try powering that bad boy on 32 MB of VRAM... :D

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
That LCD(s) would only be good for flight simulation and someone who designed a site to be horizontal.

I'll keep my 20" ACD.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
_bnkr612 said:
That LCD(s) would only be good for flight simulation and someone who designed a site to be horizontal.
It's for arch villains, silly :rolleyes: People like that don't have time to browse and play video games. They have planets to destroy and stuff.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Um, yeah...

I've heard bad things about this Go-L joint for a couple years. I don't trust them and their pipe-dream specs.

Their website has a real Apple.com-esque design layout, no?

I'll stick to more convential designs from more established vendors, thanks.

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
vaporware

I remember their going-out-of-business page from a year or so ago where they admitted that they took inspiration from (and pretty much endorsed) Apple.

www.go-l.com said:
At this time, no new pre-orders will be taken for any current or future products and all new hardware and software product development has been suspended till further notice. Equally, we are currently no longer providing technical or post sales support and no updated drivers for existing L products will be developed or posted for download.
http://www.go-l.com/

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Some of you with time to burn might want to check this out:

Link

Apparently they've been making huge promises with almost no actual product for over 2 years, and all their hardware is merely rebadged stuff from other vendors - when or if available.

Looks like this company is super-shady. I remember coming across this last year after being wowed by the Go-L website's claims. Also IIRC there was a thread here somewhere about Go-L that discussed the shadiness.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Reanimation_LP said:
HOW THE HELL DO YOU POWER THIS THING.

Each one of those displays is a Dual Link display.

Prob dual SLI implimentations.

As for it being fake. *shrugs* Some of the hardware inside the desktop computers is real enough. The stuff like the RAM drives they call PureRAM is actually rebranded. Everything on that site is doable. The thing is you would have to pay a premium to get it and as you can see....you do which is why the company never went anywhere. This site is old news. There was a flutter of activity on MR about a year and a half ago when this site copied apple.com's page design. Once everyone got over the design the speculations started on if this was real or not. It apparently is a startup to make high end uber PC's but it never took off for obvious reasons....Show me a person who is willing to spend $25,000 on a desktop computer and I will show you someone with too much money. :p

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Yes, but can you use dual monitors? I need one of those 19200 x 2400 models for my 37 open documents and another for my 146 palettes.