Making apps and/or books for other people (non developers)

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by 1458279, Aug 13, 2013.

1. 1458279 Suspended

I have someone asking me to make an app out of a children's book that she made.

I think it might work well as an app as well so that it could be more interactive.

I don't want to have this on my dev account and give her the money, because that would be a hassle.

What choices do I have? The only choice I know of is to have her create her own dev account and I would use my system to submit the app and book on.

Is there any other option?

Is it different for books?

2. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Ok, so based on no answers, I guess my only option is to host their app with my account, or have them make a new account for them.

Maybe there's an option to have one account that can host many apps from different people, but it would have to have separate bank accounts for each app. I doubt Apple would do that.

3. Duncan C macrumors 6502a

Duncan C

I think those are your two options. If you don't want to host it, have her set up her own account, and charge her for setting up the app on the store. (Yes, I would bill that separately than the app development, and expect it to take longer than you think.)

I don't think you can set up separate bank accounts for each app.

You should take a look at iBooks and Apple's iBooks development tools. There is quite a bit of support for interactive content.

4. amorya macrumors 6502

Have her make her own developer account, and then add you to the team in iTunes Connect, to authorise you to submit apps on her behalf.