Making Calendar Event End Before It Begins

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Anawrahta, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Anawrahta macrumors member

Anyone know of a trick to make a calendar event end before it begins? Does anyone know any calendar alternatives that allow that to happen?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I haven't seen how to do that but I think M. C. Escher drew it once.

3. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Can you elaborate on what you want to accomplish?

4. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

You'd hope that any respectable calendar app developer would deliberately prevent events finishing before they'd started, since its impossible in the real world. Unless of course you've invented time travel! As Mr_Brightside_@ says, if you can explain what you're trying to achieve then it might be easier to point you in the right direction.

5. eventailapp macrumors member

eventailapp

I certainly hope that this is not possible as it would probably make a lot of applications crash.

6. Anawrahta thread starter macrumors member

I'd like to schedule something on a flight crossing the international date line. The activity completes before it begins.

7. eventailapp macrumors member

eventailapp

Event start and end times are both tied to the same time zone. In your case the flight only ends "before" it starts when you use different time zones for start and end. Simply insert both times with your departing time zone and your phone will display you the correct event times in your destination time zone when you land.

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

That's pretty funny, but if you're Mac is aware of what time zone(s) you're in for the duration of the meeting then the calendar will make all the shifts...and it won't matter where you are...the meeting will show as ending after it begins.

On the plane you'll have to change time zones manually, I'm sure: System Preferences>Date & Time>Time Zone. Have the pilot keep you updated. I'm sure he or she will be more than happy to oblige you.

9. Anawrahta thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately using time zone support causes more problems then it solves. But thanks for trying.

10. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Bottom line is that there isn't a "problem" here.