Making calls sucks on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rdstoll, Jun 30, 2010.

1. rdstoll macrumors 6502

I'm sorry but I have to say I'm very disappointed with the call performance of the iPhone 4. For crying out loud, can they just focus on call quality/reliability for one generation?

I have LESS signal indoors than I had before...we are told we have to hold the phone a particular way or to buy a case to get the best signal performance....and the proximity feature was adjusted such that I'm always accidentally cutting off calls or hitting mute while talking.

It's simply ridiculous that on a phone as sophisticated as this one that doing basic telephone calls is the biggest hassle. Common already.

2. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

"Welcome to the party, iPhone 4 owner #121245528, get in line..."

3. AlphaE89 macrumors newbie

That sucks, I'm glad my iphone 4 doesn't have that problem, perhaps it's your location?

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Someone should definitely start a thread to address these issues.

5. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Only calling issue I have is that it takes like 10-15 seconds to start calling someone. I'll tap the number, says calling mobile.. wait.... then it rings. Full bars.

6. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

+1

7. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

what do you call this? a post-it note?

8. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

9. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

I never found it to be a problem...but I could definitely replicate the problem when holding it by the left bottom corner. The signal strength went from 4-5 bars to 1-2 so there is an issue.

I ordered a bumper when I ordered the phone and after receiving it yesterday I can definitely say that I am no longer experiencing any signal loss. So a bumper or case seems to be the answer.

In addition, I haven't experienced any signal issues whatsoever with the bumper in place. No matter which way I hold it. I always get a good signal at home and at work....but maybe I'm one of the lucky ones...don't know.

I would recommend the bumper though. It's a very nice piece of plastic. I know it's a bit pricey at $29...but it's high quality...fits very nicely...and provides great all around protect with a minimal amount of 'bulk". Very nice...

Many will say they shouldn't have to buy a bumper or a case to rectify the problem...and I would agree. But I always carry my iPhone in a case outside the home anyway...so for me...no big deal.

10. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

It's posts like these that emphasize a need for some kinda 3-D text... to shade it with the meaning behind the post.

Or a sarcasm meter that really works.

11. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

12. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple