Making changes to a message after Siri reads it back

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by kat.hayes, Dec 6, 2011.

1. kat.hayes macrumors 6502a

After Siri reads back an email message, how do I go back and make changes
    to it before it is sent?

2. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

I would love to know this too, to avoid any further cursing against Siri..

3. Hamiltonian macrumors member

Scroll up in the history of what you said to Siri, make your corrections and then it will rewrite the message.

Oh, thinking now you probably want to do this hands-free... Haven't figured that out.

4. bgtrack macrumors regular

bgtrack

Unfortunately there is no way to do this hands free...you have to tap the message which then takes you to your message/email app and you can edit it there.

5. Gordonw macrumors member

I assume you're referring to Siri reading a text message and then replying. You can make make changes to your reply before sending. Once you've composed your message, Siri will tell you its ready to send and awaiting confirmation. At this point you can say "read my message" and Siri will read the message you just composed. Siri will then give you a bunch of options, "would you like to send, cancel, review, or change it." Never tried review, so not sure what that does.

6. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

You are correct,just tell Siri "change it" and she will re ask you what you want to say. I do this all the time.

7. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

Review also reads it back to you. I wish you could tell it what words to change, because when it makes 1 mistake, and I say it again, it usually fixes the first mistake, but puts in another.