Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
After Siri reads back an email message, how do I go back and make changes
to it before it is sent?

Hamiltonian

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2008
Scroll up in the history of what you said to Siri, make your corrections and then it will rewrite the message.

Oh, thinking now you probably want to do this hands-free... Haven't figured that out.

bgtrack

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2011
East Lansing
Unfortunately there is no way to do this hands free...you have to tap the message which then takes you to your message/email app and you can edit it there.

Gordonw

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011
I assume you're referring to Siri reading a text message and then replying. You can make make changes to your reply before sending. Once you've composed your message, Siri will tell you its ready to send and awaiting confirmation. At this point you can say "read my message" and Siri will read the message you just composed. Siri will then give you a bunch of options, "would you like to send, cancel, review, or change it." Never tried review, so not sure what that does.

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
I assume you're referring to Siri reading a text message and then replying. You can make make changes to your reply before sending. Once you've composed your message, Siri will tell you its ready to send and awaiting confirmation. At this point you can say "read my message" and Siri will read the message you just composed. Siri will then give you a bunch of options, "would you like to send, cancel, review, or change it." Never tried review, so not sure what that does.

You are correct,just tell Siri "change it" and she will re ask you what you want to say. I do this all the time.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010

Review also reads it back to you. I wish you could tell it what words to change, because when it makes 1 mistake, and I say it again, it usually fixes the first mistake, but puts in another.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.