Making changes to the iTunes Library PERMANENT?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by justaregularjoe, Oct 4, 2009.

1. justaregularjoe macrumors 6502

I've been struggling with this issue for a while. I'll perfect my iTunes library, then for one of a laundry list of reasons, lose the perfection I have attained (Album art, names, etc.)

Is there any way I can make the attributes of my current iTunes library permanent?

Would just 'Consolidate Library' work? Note: must also save album art and such.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Joe

2. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I'm confused about what's happening. Are you losing parts of your library to a hard drive crash or something similar or are parts of your library just disappearing?

Once I've added names/album art etc to my library once it's sorted. I've had a couple of hard drive crashes. In one I just retrieved all my music off my iPod and all album art, names etc were intact but playlists, ratings etc were gone (which I knew would happen as I was just retrieving the mp3s, not the library data)

In the most recent crash I had a full back up of the iTunes folder so no playlists, ratings etc were lost.