Making disk repairs?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lukester, Oct 16, 2010.

1. lukester macrumors 6502

How come when I use the disk utility and make repairs to the disk they do not last? When I check it again a couple weeks later it needs the same repairs?

2. celticpride678

3. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

They did do something about it. They posted online which messages you can ignore.

5. Hal Itosis macrumors 6502a

Hal Itosis

That's a pretty LAME something, because here's how it "works":
    1. First, the user must get misled by bogus messages in DURP. No telling how long they try various ways to solve that mystery. [i.e., no one immediately concludes the bug is on Apple's end... so they continue their attempts at finding & fixing.]

2. Second, they eventually stumble in to some forum (dazed and confused) and ask for help. At this point, they are told it can just be ignored... but that's not quite 100% for certain as yet. Because...

3. Ultimately —to be sure —they need to take their report from DURP (with its umpteen entries) and compare those items in that list to the ones mentioned in that KB-doc (with its over 100 entries), to *verify* that ALL their items do indeed appear on that "official" list. [and what if they don't? what then?]

Tiger 10.4.6 finally fixed a similar (but far more benign) mess created by 10.4.0. This current mess has been lingering since 10.5.0 (november 2007), and continues on into 10.6.x today. I sure hope they fix this bug *before* 10.7 comes out. It has caused literally thousands of needless threads and damaged hair follicles.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I completely agree that it's completely lame, but it's something. Not much at all, but something.