Making djvu files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by k-mann, Sep 30, 2007.

1. k-mann macrumors newbie

[I don't know if this is the right place for this particular post, but feel free to move it to it's proper place if it isn't.]

How can I, using a iBook G4 (about 2-3 years old) make .djvu files? I want to scan some of my books, so that I can store them in my attic.

Is there any good programs to do this, programs one can use with a scanner? And is it possible to change .jpg files to .djvu files?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Word to the wise: For important work--especially work that you intend to keep for the long haul--use a common format. The standard formats for scanning are TIFF, JPEG, and PDF. Most scanning today is probably to PDF. If you think that finding an app to handle .djvu today is difficult, then what do you think will be the case in 10 years?

3. k-mann thread starter macrumors newbie

I know that, but can you answer the question instead?

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Not only do you want someone to do a Google search for you, but you also want to be nasty about it :rolleyes:

You will do well to put forth a little effort to read this. If you still think that using DjVu is a good idea, then follow one of the links.

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

now this is good advice here. i'd listen