Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ramw5p

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2010
Hi, i am sure this is simple, im just not getting it. tried external screen search and got nothing..so.....i hooked up the '11 MBP to external screen, all i get is the "space" background. If i move the mouse over to the right it appears on the external monitor, but nothing else. I can double tab and get resolution settings for external screen, but i can get any progrmas to display in screen. What am i doing worng. I just want the monitor to show same thing as MBP screen. Thanks

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Hi, i am sure this is simple, im just not getting it. tried external screen search and got nothing..so.....i hooked up the '11 MBP to external screen, all i get is the "space" background. If i move the mouse over to the right it appears on the external monitor, but nothing else. I can double tab and get resolution settings for external screen, but i can get any progrmas to display in screen. What am i doing worng. I just want the monitor to show same thing as MBP screen. Thanks

If you want to see what's on your MBP screen just hit the checkbox "mirror displays", right now your external is acting as a completely separate desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.