Making graphs in numbers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wagmun, Jul 2, 2012.

1. wagmun macrumors newbie

I must be missing something. I searched the whole forum and couldn't find anyone with my problem - or, when I found something close, there was no answer.
    Numbers is puzzling me. I want to make a graph of one variable against the other. Independent (X) variable is in column A and dependent one (Y) in column B.
    I want a simple line graph showing relation between them. What I expect is to have column A values in x-axis and column be displayed as a line representing Y values, ginving one line only.
    But when I select columns A and B there is no way of saying A is X and B is Y. What numbers do is consider both as Y values, and thus displays two lines and x-axis is just a sequence, and not the values in column A.
    This seems to be so obvious that I don't understand why numbers doesn't let me state which values should be considered x-axis.
    Use X-Y graph solve to a certain point. But when x-axis is, for instance, year, it turns out funny because it considers it as numbers and i can have values like 2012,35 and so on.
    Any ideas on that?
    Thanks in advance

2. wagmun thread starter macrumors newbie

Found the answer.
    X-axis should not be selected to make graph. Only y-axis.
    Yks.