Making labels with Pages?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MyMac8MyPC, Jul 16, 2008.

1. MyMac8MyPC macrumors member

Kind of disappointed that this program can't do this basic feature. Is it possible to make labels with Pages? Are there templates available? :confused:

2. Slumbercub macrumors regular

Use the table function to create one with the required number of labels of the required size and then save it as a template. Every packet of labels I have ever puyrchased has had a little diagram with the size and spacing.

3. snberk103 macrumors 603

Also check Apple Support Discussion

At the Apple site, check out the discussion forum for Pages. I don't think they actually have solution to the labels issue, but they have good advice. In this case they would likely tell you to file a bug report/feature request with Apple. They seem to have some success getting features added to iWork by filing these requests.

Good Luck

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Using a table is the actual solution. It's easy.

5. MyMac8MyPC thread starter macrumors member

Relatively new to Pages and not sure what the 'table function' is. Are there labels templates that can be downloaded, or a tutorial on how to create a table function for the labels?

6. Slumbercub macrumors regular

In a blank page select the 'Table' button in the menu bar and then control the number of rows and columns and the width and height using the inspector. With a little experimentation you should be able to get what you need.

Alternatively, chose one of the business card templates and adjust that to suit. In that solution guides have been inserted and can be aligned using the rulers.

Good luck. :)

7. Artmom macrumors newbie

Labels

Please tell me what was wrong with Appleworks? It was a great database, and you could easily make all kinds of lists and labels, address labels or any other kind you wanted. Custom sizes or Avery label sizes. I have been using it for years. Thinking I needed a newer database to keep up with my painting inventory, I purchased Bento and iWorks for my new computer. All I can say is thank goodness Appleworks still works with the latest operating system, because neither iWork, Bento, or any of the Microsoft products works as well as the old Appleworks database for creating a variety of forms and labels. I will stick to Appleworks as long as I can.

8. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka