Making large Movies with iDVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AppleSJ511606, Dec 24, 2007.

1. AppleSJ511606 macrumors member

I haven't played around with iLife ever since pre-garageband and now I have to get back into making movies again (sigh)

Anyways, my problem is I need to fit roughly ~2hrs. of video onto a DVD. I make&edit my movie in iMovie, render it in the media browser as "large", go to garageband, import it, and when I'm done making the chapters I get the error: "Maximum file size of 2GB exceeded. Please choose a shorter bounce time"

which I've googled and figured wtf "bounce time" meant by Apple, so how can I make ~2hrs. of video fit to iDVD w/o cutting any of it? (not to mention I have NO idea how much video to cut, if I had and and the whole thing would have to RErender in iMovive :()

2. Diago macrumors newbie

Hi,

I had a similiar problem today and was able to get around it by going to Preferences and under the advanced tab enchecking Auto Normalize.

It seems the problem is related to the size of the export file when normalizing audio.

3. jamessnell macrumors member

jamessnell

I have the same problem. I already had auto normalize enabled. Any other ideas? I'm kinda ticked that garage band doesn't give a more intuitive response in this case...

4. MacBass macrumors 6502

MacBass

I'm slightly confused at what you guys are trying to accomplish. Are you creating a video podcast? Maybe the 2 GB "bounce" limit is for limiting the size so subscribers can easily download the file?

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Perhaps this is one of those cases that will require it to be split into Part 1 and Part 2- just a thought.