Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
I don't have degenerated Hulk-hands, so newer iPhones and their XXXL size are not a solution for me. Neither are devices without iOS.

PS: My Mac cost probably more than your car.
But I love how you measure yourself with materialistic things. Buying a used iPhone 6+ on eBay as "broken item" to then be able to hate on other people's (older) iPhones. Haha! Women must jump on you.
XXXL size? Are you jesting? What's wrong with the iPhone 5? 5C? 5S? They are barely bigger than the iPhone 4 and 4 times quicker.

Also, lets keep this in perspective. My "broken iPhone 6 Plus" works better than your iphone 4. Probably was cheaper, too.

PS: Your Mac doesn't cost more than my car. Just throwing that out there...

Have fun now...

skeleton11223

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2017
iPhone - Went from 1.x.x to iPhone OS 3 and became SLOW

iPhone 3G - Went from 2.x.x to iOS4 and became SLOW

iPhone 3Gs - Went from 3.x.x to iOS6 and became SLOW

^^^ Fresh restore, no 3rd party apps, still SLOW.

I never got my iPhone 4 up to iOS7 as I sold it before everyone got the update. But it got to iOS6 and it started to show a hint of lag and I had a bug where the screen won't go to sleep sometimes after 1 min.

Only the iPhone 4s seemed to age the best having the first dual core chip. But Apple will eventually disregard it as it only has 512 MB RAM. The iPhone 6/6+ may age the worst since the 4 being it was the last model to have 1 GB RAM which might double this year. If iPhone 4's bottleneck was being the last model having single core, the 6/6+ issue is having the same amount of RAM from the iPhone 5 nearly three years ago. Being the most recent model with that bottleneck right before an upgrade in specs results in a shorter lifespan for that iPhone gen.

Usually we get caught in dilemma to update or not to update with firmware and apps. Update but worry it becomes glitchy and slows your phone. Don't update and you will miss out on all the cooler new features. And usually after 2-3 gens of updating the firmware, it will never remain as fast and fluid like when you first got it.
Kinda proves that Apple purposely makes their older phones slower, the iPhone 2g and 3g have the same hardware except the 3g has faster networking speeds and GPS capability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.