Making .PDFs from emails and webpages?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by stanw, Apr 17, 2016.

1. stanw macrumors 6502a

How can I make a .PDF from an email and from a webpage on my iPhone and iPad?

Thank you!

2. macfacts macrumors 68000

macfacts

In Gmail and chrome, you click print, then save as PDF.

3. SnowDX macrumors 6502

In Safari, tap the share icon and then there is a "Save PDF to iBooks" option.

4. Sajal macrumors regular

Or if you have 3D touch, in the print dialog do a 3d touch and you can get the PDF to any app.

5. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

There are apps like PDF converter which let you change websites and other files to PDFs.

For emails, not sure about the stock mail app, but Airmail lets you save the email as PDF as well.

6. campyguy macrumors 68030

7. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

Apple's Mail app doesn't support this although there are probably options to have it handled via the Share sheet and use the Workflow app. You can use indeed third party e-mail apps such as Airmail, Spark, Dispatch, myMail see also.

8. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

If you have a 6s/6s+, click print and then long press on the preview. Boom, PDF.

9. GreyOS macrumors 68030

Cool if true, but also mad they didn't add a non-3D touch way to print to pdf here

feedback sent

10. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

Well, it's definitely true...and agree, a long press alternative would be equally helpful.

11. slimnickyy macrumors newbie

slimnickyy

That’s a really good tip. Didn’t know about it. All the known 3D touch command lists I’ve seen never mentioned this. Do you know of a comprehensive list anywhere? Anyhow, thanks for the tip.

12. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

Didn't know about this, either. I assume there's no solution for non-3D touch users. When I do a normal tap on the preview, it just gives me the options of skipping or stopping/starting at that page. Using the zoom gesture does nothing, too.

Nice, nifty tip to know!