Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pjoseph

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
can someone tell me how I can make photos from my digital camera take up less memory.
I am trying to post some in a forum but they cant be more then 100kb the pic i have is 600kb

thanks

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2009
New York
can someone tell me how I can make photos from my digital camera take up less memory.
I am trying to post some in a forum but they cant be more then 100kb the pic i have is 600kb

thanks
What form of image are they in? Like, the name would be, "Photo1.jpg." If you're unsure, right click the picture and select "Get Info." Under "Name and Extension," after the photo name it should have ending such as .png/.jpg/.jpeg.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本

thanks

lemkesoft makes a tool called Graphic Converter that can convert and compress a image to a smaller size without the professional cost of commercial packages like Adobe Photoshop and the best port, it can open images from any format and convert them, it also support batch processing.

Just bare in mind that smaller images usually have less detail and lower quality.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
lemkesoft makes a tool called Graphic Converter that can convert and compress a image to a smaller size without the professional cost of commercial packages like Adobe Photoshop and the best port, it can open images from any format and convert them, it also support batch processing.

Just bare in mind that smaller images usually have less detail and lower quality.

lol havent you ever heard of Preview????????

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
true, but it gives you a very easy way to modify the dpi, reosultion and physical size - it comes with OSX so everybody has it

Doesn't support batch processes either!! So if the OP was to resize and re-compress six-hundred or more images, he/she will be there for a long time. Anyway, Graphic Converter is free to use.. and is available as a registered version with certain features unlocked.

Alternatively, if your purchased your Mac recently and it come with iLife, then you'll already have a package that could resize images for uses with the internet...

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Doesn't support batch processes either!! So if the OP was to resize and re-compress six-hundred or more images, he/she will be there for a long time. Anyway, Graphic Converter is free to use.. and is available as a registered version with certain features unlocked.

Alternatively, if your purchased your Mac recently and it come with iLife, then you'll already have a package that could resize images for uses with the internet...

ok thats true... batch is a bit different

Resize 'Em All is a good batch converter too. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.