Making pictures clear.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by linden, Oct 22, 2008.

1. linden macrumors regular

linden

I have some pictures on my iPod touch. And when I put some pictures on it there blurry. Is there some way to convert them to high quality?

2. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

I have the same problem.
    But I think it has something to do with the size of the pics.

The ipod probably enlarges smaller pictures ... until they somewhat fit the screen.
    This might be the cause for the blurry/pixelized images.

3. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

Yea that probably the problem. But I think I need to like convert it to more MB so it looks better?

4. Impulses macrumors newbie

If the picture you're putting in is low res to begin with, there's no way the iPod can up-convert it so it looks better... If the picture is higher res than the screen, it should look fine (though the iPod does scale it down for displaying it, turns any size pic into like a 660KB file IIRC, and it saves a thumbnail sized pic as well to speed up navigation).

If you're talking about pics saved off e-mails and stuff, then that's a bug... Right now the 2g seems to save pics off e-mail properly, but when you look at them on the iPod they look blurry as hell... However it's saved properly because when you sync to the PC they look fine there. My guess is it's flagging them erroneously and opening the thumbnail instead of the 660KB file when you open it.

If you open them in Scribbler they look fine too (though that app does funny stuff with certain size/orientation pics). Other apps open the same blurry mess though, dunno why... Guess the apps have several ways to access the pics and some do it the same way the iPod's photo navigation app does, while others don't.