Making sense of your WATCH's home screen

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by BeyondtheTech, Apr 30, 2015.

1. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

iMore.com has a nice article on how to rethink the way you could rearrange the icons on your WATCH's home screen.

http://www.imore.com/top-5-tips-help-you-organize-your-apple-watch-apps

While Apple boasts over 3,000 apps ready for the WATCH, your tiny home screen could quickly start to get a bit unwieldy, especially when there are no folders or Spotlight (just Siri). You can make patterns or layouts that can make more sense to you, or just look cool.

What does yours look like?

AppleWatch.jpg

I decided to put the most important icons near the center Clock icon, spreading them out in lined patterns above and below. The bottom would have all my travel and social apps, then games, and the top would have the activity and shopping stuff.

2. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

I cannot get the hang of this. I keep trying to group, but they have to touch one another. or they fall into the next line.

3. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

I'm a thinkin, the only easy way this can work, is to be able to do it on a Mac or other iOS device.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to set up the watch completely, via remotely. It's a remote thingy after all.

Or maybe you can do this now? I don't know. I'm getting into this very slowly.

I'm in no rush; hence these pathetic posts :D

4. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

You can do it directly on the WATCH (hold down icon until it jiggles, just like iOS), but it's tiny and difficult, compared to the App Layout feature in the Apple Watch app (hold down and drag).