Making skype like token field for adding users to a chat

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Monaj, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Monaj macrumors regular

Hi all,

In mac, in skype when we add users to an existing chat, by clicking '+' button on top, a beak like window appears carrying a token field like control. When an user types some name in it and a match is found then a list appears carrying user icon , status icon and his/her name. Also the width of dynamic list is same as beak window.

Can any one suggest some way to create similar control??

Thanks in advance,

Monaj

2. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

You might begin by looking at the NSWindow method -initWithContentRect:styleMask:backing:defer:for creating a specialty window, paying special attention to the style mask. You will have to do some math for building the frame, which you can do by taking the frame value of the base window. You will also probably be interested in -setOpaque: , -setParentWindow: and some other methods. I do not believe you can create a window of this type in Interface Builder, you will have to do it programmatically.

3. Monaj thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, for your reply!

I am able to create such a beak window but I am not able to get any clue that how I will show icon in dynamic list of NSTokenField and how will I will make its width equal to beak window!

Can you suggest some way to do it??

Thanks,

Monaj