Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petestein1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Hopefully someone out there can help a relative newbie to Macs (whose otherwise pretty computer capable).

Somehow in restoring my iPhon I got a sync icon permanently placed in my menu bar.

It reads:

Sync Now
Enable .Mac syncing

I checked the machine-wide preferences. I checked the iTunes preferences. I don't see how to make it go away.

Any ideas? It's not really causing a problem -- it's just cluttering things up. ;)

Thanks!

petestein1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Never mind - solved it.

A bit of googling turned up a solution.

Some claim you can check a box in system preferences for .mac -- I don't have such preferences... I wonder if they went away with 10.5.2?

Anyway, apparently you can control-drag any icon off the menu bar.

Problem solved.

soctechnologist

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
CO
I'm having an issue making the .mac sync icon STAY away. I've command dragged the icon off my menu bar multiple times and it reappears after every machine restart. I don't have an option in my .mac system preferences for this. The issue started with my update to 10.5.2. Any advice or strategies?

mackindergarten

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
Hi!

The synchronization icon is hidden in the iSync Preferences. To disable the menu bar icon, open iSync (Applications/iSync.app) open up the Preferences and and uncheck "Show status in menu bar".

/Rupert

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.