Making Sync icon go away...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by petestein1, Feb 18, 2008.

1. petestein1 macrumors member

Hopefully someone out there can help a relative newbie to Macs (whose otherwise pretty computer capable).

Somehow in restoring my iPhon I got a sync icon permanently placed in my menu bar.

It reads:

Sync Now
    Enable .Mac syncing

I checked the machine-wide preferences. I checked the iTunes preferences. I don't see how to make it go away.

Any ideas? It's not really causing a problem -- it's just cluttering things up. ;)

Thanks!

2. petestein1 thread starter macrumors member

Never mind - solved it.

A bit of googling turned up a solution.

Some claim you can check a box in system preferences for .mac -- I don't have such preferences... I wonder if they went away with 10.5.2?

Anyway, apparently you can control-drag any icon off the menu bar.

Problem solved.

3. soctechnologist macrumors member

I'm having an issue making the .mac sync icon STAY away. I've command dragged the icon off my menu bar multiple times and it reappears after every machine restart. I don't have an option in my .mac system preferences for this. The issue started with my update to 10.5.2. Any advice or strategies?

4. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi!

The synchronization icon is hidden in the iSync Preferences. To disable the menu bar icon, open iSync (Applications/iSync.app) open up the Preferences and and uncheck "Show status in menu bar".

/Rupert

5. soctechnologist macrumors member

Yeah, I discovered it under isync, hadn't thought to look there. Thanks!