Making the Home Button act like the iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aaquib, Aug 20, 2008.

1. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

There's an option to bring up the iPod, but is there anyway to just bring up the iPod controls ALL the time? Theres an option for iPod controls, but it only pops up when Im already listening to music. A lot of times I will launch a game, and then it pauses my music. I want to turn it back on, but I can't. The only way is by plugging in the headphones and tapping the control button.

2. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

yes you have to go to settings of ipod and change it there.

3. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

I don't see any options for it there. All I see is:

Music

Sound Check
    Audiobook Speed
    EQ
    Volume Limit

Video

Start Playing
    Closed Captioning

TV Out

Widescren
    TV Signal

4. allurbase macrumors member

5. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

Yes, but it only gives me the iPod controls when Im already listening to music. I cant just bring it up if no music is playing.

6. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

If the home button is set to ipod, you double click the home button to bring up the ipod controls no matter what screen you're on, if the ipod is playing music or not.

7. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

That's incorrect...

-Music playing in background + double click home button = ipod pop up controls

-No music playing in background + double click home button = iPod app opens

8. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

It's all the same to me. I guess I'm not that picky.

9. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

Exactly! Is there anyway I can change that to always have the controls pop up?

10. maxxscholten macrumors regular

Nope, sorry broseph.

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If there is no music playing, how will the ipod know which song you want to play? Ergo, you need the ipod app to pop up so you can select a song. I believe this is also how it works on the Touch.

12. DreamPod macrumors 65816

No, on the iPod Touch double-tapping always brings up the small controls menu on top of the currently running app, regardless of if a song is playing or not. That way if you want to go into the full iPod App, you can press the Music button. If no song is playing when you bring it up, pressing play plays either the song you last had selected, or the first one in the current playlist, or just the first song on the device. The OP wants this functionality because he's hoping if an App he's using shuts off the iPod music when run, he can double-tap and hit play and the music will play. Otherwise it wouldn't work, because if it brings up the full iPod app, the current App is exited, so will pause the music once more when run again.

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Ah, okay. I stand corrected. :D

Puzzling why Apple should make this different on the iPhone and the Touch!

14. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Yes!
    Ignore what the naysayers here say. It involves one more click, but brings up the basic controls.
    When you're iPhone is locked, double clicking the home button brings up the music controls.
    So!@ If you're running an app, hit the sleep/lock button, tghen hit it again to turn the phone (don't swipe), and press the home button twice.

You can hit play from here and it randomly selects a track from your music library.