Making The Jump After WWDC... Need Opinions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by loudsilence, Jun 8, 2007.

1. loudsilence macrumors newbie

Hey all. Sorry for another pc user switching to mac thread but I'd really like some advice. I'll be brief

My current laptop is a 3 year old Toshiba satellite with basic specs: pentium 4 3.2ghz 447mb ram ati mobility radeon 9000 igp yadda yadda...

I'd like to use my macbook (or mbpro) for: photoshop, light video editing, web browsing, email, downloading/playing movies & mp3's as well as using some windows apps from time to time. I'd probably get a cinema display and use this machine as my notebook on the road and desktop at home.

Would I be good for the next 24 - 36 months with the blackbook and 2gigs of ram or would the macbook pro make more sense for what I'm doing? I'm currently getting by with my current system but of course with so little ram photoshop and other heavy apps basically require a restart when I'm done. Anyway...any advice would be great. I've read and read but wanted to get some live feedback.

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

4. loudsilence thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not looking for more computer than I need but no there are no budget constraints really. I just want something that'll take me 2 - 3 years down without me feeling like I'm constrained by my machine. My current computer for example, is a workhorse but i definitely feel the loss in time/ productivity when i have to limit the amount of programs I have open or restart after using a memory hog for any extended period of time.