Making the jump to Leopard, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by synchr0, Mar 6, 2008.

1. synchr0 macrumors newbie

There's been a couple of updates now and it seems most of the bugs have been figured out.... My main concern is the WIFI problem I've been reading about.

Is it worth upgrading to Leopard from Tiger? It's not like I have to buy it, it came with my MBP..

Let me know what you think!

2. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Honestly, Leopard is simply amazing.

Forums are a place for people to go and get help, so you are going to always see more bad than good. I'm sure 95% of the leopards out there are perfectly fine.

I, personally, have been using it since release day and the only problem I have is the screen not waking up from sleep.

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

I think so,ive not had any of the reported wifi issues with 10.5.2 as callmemike20 just said forums are
    probs,its a case of putting things into perspective

4. Mashiach macrumors regular

Mashiach

I've been using Leopard since it came out. Despite the initial huge problem of not being able to run Pro Tools which I have now fixed everything is fine. My startups can be a bit erratic at times (nearly typed erotic there). Other than that it runs very smoothly. Spaces is a life saver for me, I think you will like it.

5. rmh macrumors regular

Definitely worth it. There are so many little improvements that make it great. I've been relatively problem-free since installing it on release day.

6. Lucascsula macrumors regular

I started a thread last night when I installed it. I was nervous at first. Not ANYMORE! Leopard is AMAZING! Fast too...:D

7. synchr0 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've heard it's noticibly more fast than Tiger too, I'm excited to switch over. Nervous, but excited..

8. Lucascsula macrumors regular

Just back up your stuff if you're nervous. I did. You won't go back to Tiger. No way.

9. chem macrumors regular

Last week, I switched from Tiger to Leopard on my SR MBP. I am very happy with the change; the new features are nice and I have not noticed any bugs (except one thing with Quicktime display of PNGs, which was fixable) or wireless problems.

I kept a detailed log of my installation procedure, so people like you or me may make use of it and have a trouble-free install:
    http://yocto.wordpress.com/2008/02/27/personal-installation-of-os-x-1052/

It's kinda heavy on the science/programming apps, but you can ignore those parts if you want.