Making the switch to Apple

jmbrndl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
After 20 years of using a PC, I have just ordered a new iMac. I am leaving windows for many of the same reasons that others have posted.

My iMac estimated delivery date is 10/31.
20" 2.4 Ghz C2D, 1GB Ram & 320 GB hard drive.

These forums have been a wealth of information and helped with my decision to swith to Apple.

MorzillA

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2007
Miami
After 20 years of using a PC, I have just ordered a new iMac. I am leaving windows for many of the same reasons that others have posted.

These forums have been a wealth of information and helped with my decision to swith to Apple.
Welcome to the light at the end of the tunnel :)

:apple:

hologram

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
Welcome to the club! You won't be sorry.

Now you'll know why most of us are so passionate about Mac. Good luck, and have fun with it!:D

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
Every day with the Mac I keep looking for reasons to dump Windows. It is taking up space and I am not the gamer I once was. I might just get Fusion to deal with work and use Spaces. HHHMMMM?

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2003
PA
Congrats man, and welcome. I eh, "switched" quite a few years ago, and will NEVER look back. Of course, I DO stay on top of Windows as it helps pay the bills for me. :)

blumoon

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2007

Congrats! I just bought my first mac on Wed and I love it so far. I'm actually sorry that the weekend is over and I can't be at home on my mac. :)

Enjoy your new purchase.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Congratulations. I bought my first iMac in August, and hopefully, I'll be able to leave windows behind in the next year. Can't afford to replace other computers right away. :(

jmbrndl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Warm welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have already found Apple replacements for the windows programs I use the most. I plan on dual booting with XP so my son can continue to play his PC based games.

I am concerned about the screen issue and system freeze issues I have been reading about, but I am confident those will be fixed in time. Hopefully these problems won't be an issue for me.