Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bzar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Cape Town, South Africa
Hi everyone,

I've finally decided to make the switch and move over to Apple for my work computer. It's been a toss up between the 13" Air or the 13" Pro over the past few days but I think I've finally made up my mind to go with the Pro.

Now on to the real reason for my post, I'm not too familiar with what's available to me software wise. I'm a web developer and have been using windows for the longest time and prefer to use things like IIS or Web Matrix to create my dev environment rather than something like WAMP. Is there something similar along these lines for OS X? I know MySQL workbench is available on mac which is great but it's more the environment set up that's my concern at the moment. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
There is a "Web Design and Development" forum here where you are more likely to get informative replies.

I will say that you will undoubtedly be wanting to run a Windows virtual machine anyway just so you can test under Internet Explorer, so you don't really have to abandon any Windows-only tools you happen to like if you can't find a native OS X substitute.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.