Making Video Compilations on The iPhone 3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by getsitfaster, Dec 21, 2009.

1. getsitfaster macrumors newbie

I recently travelled to Japan with a friend and forgot to take my compact digital camera which can record videos, and was upset to find that I wouldnt have a means to record my trip. I then remembererd that the iPhone 3Gs (which i have recently purchased) records video. I took around 150 short segmens of film to see what I could come up with when I got home and created this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-SYuLjxovM as a demonstration. I used Final Cut and was extremely happy with the result. Though the video recording quality of the iPhone may not be quite as good as many other handsets available, I think my video proves that it can still be used effectively.

2. omahajim, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Very nice video.

Actually, from my experience, the iPhone 3GS has better video recording capabilities than the BlackBerry and N95. Despite the N95 having such a powerful (or so they say) camera... the video quality on it is horrible compared to the iPhone. Just do a search on youtube!

That said, I think to date the iPhone is one of the best, if not the best, phones out there that records video.