Making Wallpaper: Need Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by millerb7, Jun 27, 2010.

1. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

So... wanting to make some of my own wallpaper.

I'm trying to use some full metal alchemist pictures as my background/lock screen... I found a couple images that are already made at 640x960 and have those currently used, but I'm wanting to make my own collage.

All the images I find are either way bigger than iphone screen size or smaller, so just adjusting the image to 640x960 distorts it pretty badly.

Anybody got any pointers for me? I'm using photoshop, but can use any program that you think might be better suited for the job.

Thanks!

2. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

When working with big images I usually set the height to 960 when resizing the image. Make sure constrain proportions is selected. Otherwise as you said the size will get distorted.

Then I'd use the marquee tool at a fixed size of 640 by 960 and crop the image to the correct size.

There are many ways to do it.

3. millerb7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm. I'll give it a try. I currently want part of two different images so I'm marqueeing parts out and making different layers. Guess I'll see how that works.

Hard finding images already that size. Having a hell of a time with distortion.

4. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

hold shift and use one the handles in the corners and you can resize it while keeping the aspect ratio, put each image in it's own layers and use the marquee tool to crop each particular layer to fit better