"Malformed Services entries ..."

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mysterytramp, Dec 24, 2009.

1. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

In trying to debug an issue over dropped wi-fi, I was checking my console and saw several of these messages:

Punakea is a file tagger. I believe I used it once and then deleted it.

Singular finds and deletes duplicate files. I believe I've used it once or twice. The program file is still in my Applications folder.

Is there some stub of software still in my system and how would I go about finding it and deleting it?

mt

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I see it mentioned those apps are inside a folder called Others inside the Applications folder. Does that folder really exists? I use AppCleaner when uninstalling apps, it helps at least get those settings files, though it doesn't get everything for all apps.

3. mysterytramp thread starter macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

I thought I had deleted them, but they had been shoved aside.

I'm a bit confused ... Both these programs were dormant on my hard drive and yet the OS was calling them? Or was something else going on that Console registered?

mt

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I can't say anything for certain, but it's likely related to the Services menu that you can get to from all applications. Those programs may not have been Snow Leopard ready (if you have SL) in respects to the Services as they changed a little in SL. The Console entries could be related to the applications being moved into the Others folder too.

5. mysterytramp thread starter macrumors 65816

mysterytramp