iPad malware on ipad?

Snowsh0e

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Hey guys, my iPad 3 went out of battery earlier today.

Upon charging it after a few minutes, i tried to use but then a pop up window showed up with the following message :

"http://mackeeperapp.zeobit.com Please consider cleaning your Mac from junk"

here's the screenshot in case the attached file doesn't work http://lockerz.com/s/247094138

When googling this message, there are a lot of results regarding a malware problem for Mac, but nothing for iPad or iOs.

It wouldn't let me use "slide to unlock" until i pressed OK.

Has anybody had this problem before? Please help me to get rid of this.

Attachments

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Is your iPad JB? I've never seen that. If you got this from the App Store, i'd report it to Apple ASAP.

Snowsh0e

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
i tried rebooting a couple of times to see if the problem would pop-up again but so far nothing.

thanks chris

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
I haven't jail broken anything since my 3GS. As much as it's cool it's not stable or safe enough. Won't do it again.
meh, if you haven't done it since your 3gs - I don't believe you have the merits to say it's not stable. I wouldn't purchase apple devices if they couldn't be jailbroken. YMMV but it's the tweaks that cause instability or lack of security, not the jailbreak itself.

OP - my hunch is that this is coming from a non-stock cydia package.

Last edited:

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
meh, if you haven't done it since your 3gs - I don't believe you have the merits to say it's not stable. I wouldn't purchase apple devices if they couldn't be jailbroken. YMMV but it's the tweaks that cause instability or lack of security, not the jailbreak itself.

OP - my hunch is that this is coming from a non-stock cydia package.
I agree - I'm not saying I have any merit, just what my experience was.

And yes, you are probably correct :)

mjiang99

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
I got the same problem.
I solved it. after deleted the file "acjy.goagent.plist" from folder "/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/"

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
I got the same problem.
I solved it. after deleted the file "acjy.goagent.plist" from folder "/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/"
Thanks,
have this issue to ever so seldom.

Edit:
I don't have that file.
It might be some other thing that deletes it, idk.
I seldom get this message, but some times.
My message say i won an iPhone 4S, no link either (not that I would have thought I won)