Malware or regular iOS behaviour

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by thedeejay, Dec 9, 2015.

1. thedeejay, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015

thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

I've been having some odd behaviour on iOS 9.1 and today is what really set it off for me. I'm currently running iOS 9.1 which isn't jailbroken. I keep getting random texts from Apple saying "Your iCloud Keychain verification code is: X" and I don't have it switched on. I've checked all of my products and the 'iCloud Keychain' is off on all of my devices. Yet I still keep receiving the iCloud Keychain code. Then today I receive a text urging me to change my password and I've never had a popup like this since iOS 2, so is this something new that has been implemented?

image.png image.png

2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

I'm getting this as of today. My phone just completed an upgrade to iOS 9.2.

3. adam9c1 macrumors 65816

adam9c1

I think it's trying to setup two step authentication.

4. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Nah, I already had that set up. My phone just stopped asking me to change my passcode.

5. thedeejay thread starter macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Anyone have an idea as to what the keychain could be? I've changed my AppleID password and yet still keep getting notifications of "Your Keychain code is: " I don't have it on ANY of my devices, I just checked. This is indeed very odd..

6. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Keychain is part of iCloud settings so yes it is installed. Go to your iCloud settings and make sure it's turned off.