Malware possibility?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by SOLLERBOY, Jun 6, 2014.

1. SOLLERBOY, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014

SOLLERBOY macrumors 6502a

Hi, Just a quick question? Yesterday I was downloading the creative cloud installer from adobe. I was also updating osx to 10.9.3 on my MBP.

During the download for creative cloud the app store prompted for me to restart to install the osx update but as the cc installer was nearly downloaded I told it to restart later along with a couple of other apps that were downloading.

Anyway, after the command and during cc installing the computer went haywire and went to the password prompt screen ( I have fv2 enabled) only it wasn't the same as the boot up one. It was a opaque grey background and had a couple more options underneath like restart and shut down, it had the picture I chose for my account as well and all looked normal. I gave it my password and it went back to the install. In hindsight I shouldn't have given it the password so quickly and I was wondering if it might have been malware or a trojan?

The cc installer was direct from adobe and everything else the mas. I have gatekeeper set to mas and identified developers and it's a relatively new install of osx as I changed the ssd a few weeks ago, I have no java or flash on it and everything is pretty well locked down.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, clm xav can't find anything? Do you think it's ok?

Thanks to anyone that helps!

2. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Sounds like you hits something by accident. I wouldn't wooly unless you see other symptoms pop up.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're perfectly fine. Relax and enjoy your Mac!

4. SOLLERBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies! Just like to be careful.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Myself and a couple others here noticed the same odd login screen after the 10.9.3 update with FV2 on. After that initial login we never saw it again. It seems to be something about the way these updates are applied with FV2 on.

6. SOLLERBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, It looked familiar, just something slightly odd about it when I think back. It was almost like when you resume it after it ran out of power and you plugged it back in. Very odd. I really appreciate the info!