Malwarebytes.

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by beauparc, Oct 26, 2013.

1. beauparc macrumors member

Should anyone be interested, Malwarebytes has been released for Android and is available through Google Play store.

I installed it today and my phone comes up clear :)

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Cool i guess... but ill stick with not installing stuff from outside of playstore, and I have Knox. Not sure it's a great advertisement for Android in general to have malware and virus scanners if anything it highlights a potential problem rather than just proffering a solution.

3. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

I don't agree with this philosophy though. I would rather have the tools available to me to find bad code, rather than be ignorant to the problem. Apple has had malware in the app store before and their developer site was hacked just a few months ago. While Apple may be more proactive in sniffing out and killing malware, I would rather not be subject to when, or if, Apple decides to be proactive on my behalf. Let me do it when I want. And just because software exists, you can not correlate that to the security of what it is designed to protect.

4. verpeiler macrumors 6502a

verpeiler

The day I HAVE to install something like that I'll ditch Android.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

And this example is exactly what I mean. It's a prospect that is a decentive not incentive for many android users...

6. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Yeah i dont use anything on mine. When i bought my laptop a couple months ago, it came with Trend Micro anti virus for free on the laptop (which i am using) but i could also put it on my phone again for free. I had it on there for a couple days just to try it out and then deleted it. I dont feel i need one on my phone and have never had a problem in three and a half years.

I think some are just paranoid for some reason. You dont need anything on your phone and the problems that were reported in the playstore are pretty much from the China playstore.

7. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Its a GREAT piece of software on a computer. I don't think an android phone needs any anti virus software though to be honest.