MAMP and FTP Password? I didn't know, I don't know...

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by LDMartin1959, Aug 4, 2012.

1. LDMartin1959 macrumors newbie

Whenever I try to use an automatic feature of WordPress on my MAMP local host (such as installing a plugin, theme or updating WP) I get asked for my FTP credentials, including my password. HUH? I didn't know I had set one up and I don't know what it would be. I tried my user password for the OS but that didn't seem to work. I don't recall such an option when I set up MAMP, nor do I find such an option in the MAMP Pro control panel. I'm too new to this to know what is going on. Can anyone help, please?

2. LDMartin1959 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank for the tip but it looks like Mountain Lion does not have that option available in the Sharing controls. Perhaps they moved it somewhere else...

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Whoops. Didn't think about that. You could try this program, which says it enables ftp access on Lion or Mountain Lion. Bear in mind I haven't tried it.

4. LDMartin1959 thread starter macrumors newbie

No problem. I didn't even think to mention the version of the OS I'm using 'cuz I didn't realize it was gonna be significant.