Man bites panda after panda bites man.

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
gauchogolfer said:
I just knew you'd be weighing in, you carnivore you. :)

Biting a poor drunken man when he only wanted to give you a hug.

Meanie.

He first wanted to shake his hand. He was being polite before getting all personal with the hug. perfectly sensible.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
noelister said:
How did the man get into the habitat?
Most animal habitats have fences to keep animals from getting out, not to keep people from getting in. Also not all zoos across the world have the same type of protection. I know in some zoos in Eastern Europe it's not hard to get swiped by a lion.

To be fair, I thought his extended hand was going for my bamboo.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
how could someone bite a panda and morally have no regret? I could never, even intoxicated like that fellow, bite such a poor sweet creature. They have enough problems not being able to reproduce to sustain their population numbers (sorry to hear that, SilentPanda :D ), they don't need a fellow biting them..

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
rockthecasbah said:
how could someone bite a panda and morally have no regret? I could never, even intoxicated like that fellow, bite such a poor sweet creature. They have enough problems not being able to reproduce to sustain their population numbers (sorry to hear that, SilentPanda :D ), they don't need a fellow biting them..
I would have poked its eyes out.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
rockthecasbah said:
According to the article, he wasn't actually successful in biting the panda. Too much fur. If that's not a hint for a certain member to shave, I don't know what is :D

satty

macrumors 6502
Poor Panda

I've been at the Beijing Zoo begin of this year. The picture linked to the yahoo article is most likely not taken at the zoo. You can see the barrier in the background, it's not very high at all. Btw: The Panda cage is by far the best one of all animals in the zoo and, if you like animals, it can be very depressing to go there.

Attachments