Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Who are you debating with? You're the one who applied a linear value on the battery drain.

Are you ok? Really.

You gave it a 12% and 20% drop in battery power. Not us.

I'll just run a test over the weekend. I'm just saying, my initial tests just running it from 100% showed the percentage drops being faster. And trust me, YOU WILL NOTICE IT. I keep looking at my percentage and makes me feel like its the equivalent to my iphone percentage dropping when doing Gchat on it.

What i gave you were numbers based on well I remember logging on at 2:00pm and gave you the last percentage numbers.

I heard about the 20% percentage drop in battery power from a motorola employee.

Regardless of the exact numbers, its safe to say it drains faster than I ever expected. That's the damn point of the thread. If you want quantative numbers, i'll give you quantative numbers. But I'm curious of other people who use the BT keyboards and seeing if I'm falling in the same area as everyone else.

my god people.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Having BT on will drain the battery faster. How much faster? I don't know. On my phone it's significant but the phone is 2 years old.

eternalrepublic

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
My battery life experiences

Today is the first day that I've spent using the iPad + bluetooth keyboard exclusively. It took approximately 5 hours to reach 10% battery life, which is a little dismal.

Still, it's more than twice the battery life that I get with my MacBook Pro, so I can't complain too much. Anybody getting dramatically different results?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.